Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lavender

It is my all-time favorite scent...
I found this article on making lavender sachets, and knew I was all over the idea. With 7 giant lavender plants in our yard, I went snipping...
Here in Ohio, I've had success with Hidcote and Munstead varieties. What do I do to them to make them flourish? I leave them alone. I amended the soil when I planted them, and haven't touched them since. My kinda plant...
I'll keep you posted on the status of my sachets! Anyone else ever make these?
Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

I love how lavender smells! Good luck with your sachets!

pickmepam said...

lavender and rosemary are my two all-time fav scents. i kill both. i always try, but to no avail. so sad.

Anastasia said...

I absolutely adore lavender. I like to eat it as well. Lavender shortbread cookies, chocolate, lemonade, and even chicken salad. do you have a lavender festival nearby? Ours is next weekend.

Have fun making your satchels.