Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Third One's a Charm...

Three Dollar Store Crafts this week. A new record for me! And this one is also fun and affordable...go figure!
I got 6 of the tall glass candles at the Dollar Tree last week, along with one package of twine. I also picked up 2 plain glass candle holders, knowing that I had oversized tealights at home to use. I simply used hot glue and wrapped the twine around the glass, and that is IT. Could not be any more simple! The whole thing took about 2 hours for all six, and it cost me less than $10. I love the way the natural elements blended in with the glitter and glitz. I intend on keeping this tablescape up through January! I also added birch bark candle covers from Pottery Barn, rolled balls of yarn, and a few twig trees for good measure.

Enjoy your Thursday!

3 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

These are beautiful, and so creative! I need to take you with me the next time I visit a dollar store!

jamie said...

very pretty!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Another great idea I must try!!! So cool!!