Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We interrupt this regularily scheduled blog post...

This blog was supposed to feature my anniversary scraplift of the fabulous Trish! However, last week I got a crazy idea, which forced the layout to the wayside. My school is sponsoring a flea market and craft show this coming Saturday, and I thought it might be a good opportunity to clean out some of my scrapbooking stash. I started going through it...and...WOW. I know I have a lot of supplies, but I don't think I ever knew how MUCH I truly have!!

I'm having a great time going through everything. I'm finding things that I *had* to have, but never used. And papers that I used over and over and only have a tiny scrap left. It is very eye-opening to see the amount of things I haven't used. Here is a look at what I have gathered so far...

I thought in the spirit of some good Olympic competition...we could have our own little contest. To be entered, guess how much money I will make at the Flea Market! Whoever comes closest to the actual amount will win a prize pack from me. :) To help you out...here are some hints!

In the first photo:
  • In the way back is a big stack of old Scrapbook Trends magazines which I am selling for 3 dollars each.
  • In the blue bin in the back are LOTS of bags of buttons and flowers.
  • The green wooden basket thingy probably has 25 packs of brand new embellishements, priced from $.50-$3.00.
  • The green dotted box has Stickles, Pearl Ex, Glitter and other things like that.
  • The plastic bin in front has LOTS Of chipboard.
  • The light blue basket on the right has mini albums and alterables.
In the second photo:
  • The left bin contains patterned paper, packs of cardstock, and stamps.
  • The basket in front has ribbon...packages and loose.
  • The right bin contains everything else! A big bag of alphabets, a big bag of stickers and rubons (most stickers are $1, most rubons are $2), and a bunch of "scrap packs" that I made up.
Leave a comment with your guess by Saturday evening, and I will post a winner on Sunday! (I apologize, but only US and Canadian scrappers, please...the shipping overseas is just too much!!) I will share my scraplift at the end of the month! Happy Guessing! :)

34 comments:

dbettyboop said...

I'm guessing 430.00. I just went through a bunch of stuff to try to reorganize things. It's amazing to see where all my extra money has gone. hee..hee!

TeenaBugg38 said...

I'm gonna guess 93.50....not sure why....lol

Carol said...

I'm going to guess $380. Good luck!

Molly said...

I will guess 142.00. Have fun at the sale and try not to buy more stuff you "have to have!"

Tracy J said...

Good luck on your sale. Isn't it amazing the stuff we accumulate!
I will guess $125

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

My guess is $112.50... good luck!!!!

Kim Ryden said...

$303.00

Brianna said...

I'll guess $163. It will feel good to get all that out, and make room for new stuff. :) I need to find a place to sell my stash!

Cindy McAllister said...

I am guessing $250.00...and I hope that you do really well at the sale no matter who wins.

AmesOx said...

Hmm, my guess would be $224. Good luck at the sale, what a great idea to go through all of our supplies and weed out those we don't or won't use. I need to do the same - soon!

pickmepam said...

golly, that's a lot of "gotta have it's". are you selling the scraps? ha, ha...
ok, my guess it going to be $403.25it seems high, but that's a lot of stuff.

Tara Piper said...

Let's say 216.00!

Michelle P said...

Ok. Let's see...how about $325. I feel your pain.

Kimber said...

Im going to guess $271.50

Kim

twinkles11 said...

I will guess $283.00

Nitasha said...

oh this is a fabulous way to clean out your stash. My friends and I just did a mini-stash trade where we made kits for each other from our stash and then drew names to trade- superfun! Well, I'll guess that you will make about $215.00. I think you could make a lot more but since the economy is not so great there may be some price hagglers! :) lol!!!

little_empresssu said...

I'm gonna guess 188.50

sanpatwil said...

Isn't it amazing how much "just gotta have its" we accumulate! I'm going to guess $207.00! I am interested to see what the real number is. Have fun Trish!

erin said...

Hmm... I am going to guess around $213.00 It is amazing how much scrapbook stuff is laying around, I know I have tons... Looking for the right buyers is tricky... Good luck.

Heather P. said...

I'm going to say $100 even. What a great event! Good luck!

TraceyR said...

Hmmm... that's a lot of great stuff! My guess is $153.50! :)
Good luck at the sale!

Nathalie said...

How fun!!! I'll go with my first guess of $260

Barb said...

I will guess $337.

And, would love nothing more than a box of macarons if I am the winner.

:)

nadine jenine said...

$79.80? ;)

Sara said...

$362. Love your blog... I'm a first time visitor.

Unknown said...

My guess is $307.50...this is fun!

Julie Kramer said...

My guess is $588.64, but I'm hoping you do better. Julie Kramer Lorain, Ohio

sollie said...

My guess is 184.50 dollar.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'm going to say about 112. I know things go quickly if priced right--so good luck:)

Leah's Crafty Life said...

How fun.. hope you make a ton! My guess is $215.50 :)

Reneescraps said...

I will guess 148.50... Good Luck..My email is paulareneescraps@yahoo.com Thanks..

Gina said...

I wish you lots of luck with your sales!

I am going to say $177.50

This will be fun to see!

*gina*

Jean said...

Wow - what a great idea! How about $324. Have a great sale.

Sherry said...

I'm going to say $234.56...HOW'S THAT? =] Hope it's a great turn out!