Monday, July 13, 2009

Winner, winner...chicken dinner!!


And the winners are...

The winner of a JULY WIP kit--Charla Lang and Emily P. and Julie K. in Ohio!!!

The winner of the NEW AUGUST Main kit--Amanda Engweiler!!!

Congrats, Ladies!! Please email me at Turay413@gmail.com and I'll mail your kits out to you ASAP. Special thanks for all the kind birthday wishes, too!! :)

I'm sending out email notifications for the August WIP kits today, so be sure to check your inbox. They will go on sale to the public on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at noon EST. I'm over the moon about the kit this month--October Afternoon has the most amazing product!!

As for details about Paula's restaurant, here's the scoop...

Getting in to eat there is no easy task. Good thing I have a cute hubs (long story--but the hostess thought he was sweet and took pity on the man, and we got in!!) Chris and I had the Southern Buffet--complete with fried chicken and fried catfish, the best mac and cheese on earth, sweet potatoes that melted in your mouth and salad. Get a load of that sweet tea, complete with a sprig of mint. Ahhh... He picked peach cobbler for dessert, and my daughter and I elected to go with the gooey butter cake.

Now, I had no idea what was in it when I made my selection, but I know that anything with that title had to be good.

It was the best dessert I've ever tasted. I mean it.

Thank goodness her website is equipped with all the yummy recipes. I've been trying to re-create them for a week now, with only moderate success. The gals who scrapped here on Friday night enjoyed the gooey butter cake as much as me! Completely sinful, that stuff. But anything that packs two sticks of butter along with cream cheese has to be good, no??

Enjoy your afternoon...

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

Shucks! Congrats girls!

borcherding said...

Congrats ladies!

I think I just gained 5 pounds just reading the words...gooey butter cake. YUMMY!!!

jamie said...

your making me laugh and drool all at the same time!