Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jotter's a Plenty

Jamie here...how are you doing this fine summers day? Hope you are having a great summer and enjoying lazy days with family and friends.
Along with all things fun and summery, I have been having a time of making jotters. Easy, peasy jotters that are so very simple to put together, yet so very useful when they are done. Since I am one to always be making lists, I am now making just about as many jotters as I am lists. Book lists, sketches, future trips I dream about, movies and books I want to see and read. See all the excuses, I mean reasons you have to make a jotter?

So here's what you'll need:

chipboard trimmed to 3x5
patterned paper to cover inside and outside of covers
book rings
filler paper trimmed to 3x5
corner rounder
crop a dile
embellies
adhesive of choice
sanding block

Cover inside and outside of chipboard covers with patterned paper. Round corners. (I just bought the We R Memory Makers corner chomper...I LOVE IT!!!!). Sand edges as needed.


Now, as far as filler paper goes, the sky is the limit as to what you can use. Trim up scrap papers, or recycled paper. I like to purchase old grid pads of paper at thrift stores for super inexpensive. And these grid sheets are excellent for sketch work. If you rounded the corners to your covers, round these too. And I gotta tell ya, that corner chomper is great to round lots of paper at one time. (Another shameless plug.)

Using your crop a dile punch two holes at the top of the chipboard covers. Use those holes as a guide to make the holes in the filler paper.

Add book rings. The rings used for this book are 3/4 inch. These were found on etsy. Then, embellish at will. Or not at all...it's up to you.
For this particular book all paper and embellies are from the August WIP kit...a most excellent kit I might add.
These are just great jotters to have all around the house, in your bag, in the car. A great way to utilize your scraps too. And as a bonus, I love to have my fav papers on the covers so I can look at them all the time.
And for your viewing pleasure, here are a few I found at etsy...
this one is sweet
something circular perhaps
ah! these are fun
i like this one too.
have a fabulous day!




9 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

These are great! I so have to make them, and a perfect size to throw in your purse!

Unknown said...

Love this, Jaime!!

Mary - said...

what a super fun & cute idea jamie! thx for the inspo! :) smiles, m-

Candace H said...

So cute, Jamie! Keep meaning to make one with library cards to keep track of books I've read... maybe I'm inspired now!

LisaNRoxy said...

Cute cute cute! What a clever idea for gifts. might have to work on one of these this weekend. Thanks Jamie!

borcherding said...

Super cute and a great idea to use up scraps!! Might have to incorporate this into my daughter's bday party in a few weeks!! ;-)

Trish said...

Love this idea, Jamie!! I totally need one for the purse...thanks!

Jewel said...

What a great and adorable idea! I love the idea of using graph paper. I am so doing this. I also like Candace's idea of using library cards. Hmmmm, looks like I will be making a few of them.

pickmepam said...

very cute!