Tuesday, June 30, 2009

opps.

I accidentally sent Trish the wrong "friends" page for this month's gallery. Here is the actual page I made with the July kit. I am so crazy about the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper. I know this won't be the last page I make using my stash of it.



Have you ever thought you finished a page, came back to it later and realized it wasn't quite done? I do this all the time. When I am finished with a layout I usually leave it on my scrap table for a day or two. When I come back to it I usually can tell if I am happy with it or if it needs a few more touches. This happened when I was working on last month's pages.
I started with this and thought it was a pretty cool simple layout.
Two days later, I went back added some more flair. I think walking away and returning with a fresh set of eyes definitely helped.
Wonder how I got that type on the page without a 12x12 printer? Take your 12x12 cardstock and trim to 8.5x12. Most printers will print a custom size and you can set up a 8.5x12 page in the properties. Just adhere the printed piece to a full size page and it looks like you printed on your 12x12.

4 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love these layouts Laina! If Frank ruled the world is the best and what a diff a little flair can make!

CathyB said...

How cute! Thanks for the tip about printing on a 12x12 layout. I can't wait to try that now!

LisaNRoxy said...

Laina - your Frank looks just like my Roxy!! Love love love the layout.

Mary - said...

so totally cute! love this layout! thx for the inspo & have a great day!! :) smiles, m-