Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays friends! Laina here today. Only 10 more days until Christmas. I'm pretty sure that I am the last of the WIP DT to share my Holiday favorites. Thanks for reading each day and getting to know more about us. Here goes...

Top 3 Holiday Movies:




Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas Who doesn't love Muppet Otters?





Home Alone Come on...Kevin was cute back then. Just the first one though.




Love, Actually Didn't the part where he shows up with the que cards just kill you?







Favorite Holiday Cookie:
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies - easy and delicious. I have to give them away or else I eat the entire recipe. Not kidding!

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
16-ounce package Craisins chopped
DIRECTIONS:Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour, a little at a time, until combined. Stir in sweetened dried cranberries. Cookies can be made into balls or flattened. To make round cookies, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 dozen at a time on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from sheets; cool slightly and dust with additional powdered sugar.To make flat cookies, form dough into 1-inch balls as directed above. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten balls on cookie sheet, making rounds 2-inches in diameter. Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cool. Makes 6 dozen cookies.

Naughty or Nice?






I'm turning forty soon.


I'm feeling naughty, not at all nice. :)



Top Holiday songs:
Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? Remember the 1st time you saw this video on MTV? Bono was my favorite part.
The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping Brings back high school memories.
Bowie/Sinatra - Peace on Earth The oddest match made in heaven.

Favorite holiday tradition:























































Least favorite part about the holiday:
Working at a retail store with Mall Hours. Would you really need to buy stickers at 11pm on a Sunday night?

Photo of favorite holiday project:
Premade Gingerbread House Kit from Costco. All we had to do was decorate!









Five items on your Wish List this year:
a baby girl
32 mb iPod Touch
more time
a cleaning lady
a new tattoo

Favorite childhood holiday memory:
Going to Higbee's downtown Cleveland to buy my family gifts at the Twigbee Shop. I thought I was so grown up.

Photos of our Holiday Decorations:
Not so tradional colors in my Family Room - Purple and Lime Green.
We had to put our tree up in our "empty" Living room because of one very bad little pug. (The living room is actually the boys Dart Tag room - no plans to decorate until the little guys get bigger!)

5 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love your list Laina! Huge Bono fan here too and who doesn't love Father Christmas by the Kinks and John Lennon?

Anonymous said...

Some great memories there!! I too loved Emmet Otter and the Twigbee shop! My parents would pull us out of school at noon 1 Friday in December, we'd ride the rapid downtown and do some shopping/see the lights. I loved those really old escaltors at Higbee's (or was it May Co.??)

Trish said...

Ahhh...Twigbee's. I remember those old wooden escalators--great memories of Mr. Jing-a-ling down there! That put a smile on my face this morning...

Anonymous said...

I have a tattoo on my wish list too! I don't have one yet...but it's on my life list. We can go together! Hope that you guys have a great holiday!

Lots of Love xoxo

borcherding said...

OMG! I am in LOVE with that tshirt!!!