Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Halloween Album

Last year, I finally created our family Halloween Album. The directions for this exact album and all the contents were contained in a WIP kit (October 2007)--and for those of you who missed it, I wanted to share...The album itself is a linen 8x8 black We R Memory Keepers album. The front was embellished using a Making Memories chipboard pumpkin, some paint, and 7Gypsies 97% Complete Stickers. I also added a strip of olive fabric tied around the leaf on top of the pumpkin.
Here is the dedication page...
The rest of the book was taken from Ali's Christmas Album concept from a few years back. Basically, you cut up a series of 9 or so papers that are all theme related (in this case, Halloween) into 2" circles. I used my Cricut, but you could easily use a punch for this task. Ink all of the edges, and create a grid pattern on every right hand page.
Then, embellish as you see fit. I used stickers, die cuts, etc...
Every left hand page contains the photographs. Every right hand page contains a few bits of journaling and the circles/embellishments...
You can use a series of photos, or a good 8x8 shot on its own.
Unlike most of my albums, I did elect to make this one chronological, and I happen to have all the Halloween photos of my children organized (which made that process a bit easier.) I only do ONE page per year, so I really try to select the photo(s) that best describes that particular year.

The concept can be easily applied to any holiday--and I love that. Our album adorns our coffee table and is one of the most handled items when guests stop by during the season.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Jewel said...

What a great way of collecting all the memories from one holiday - I love it!

dbettyboop said...

Thanks for sharing

"doris"

pickmepam said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it Trish!! I've been meaning to do one of these for awhile. Something to display each fall with a photo from each year. One day I'll get around to it...

Laina Lamb said...

love this. i am so copying.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
Since this is my daughter's first Halloween I am so inspired to create this for her. Thanks so much for posting it! XOXO Barbara P.

Colleen said...

oh i love this!