Monday, October 27, 2008

for those of us who don't cook

Laina here -

I think it is time I make a confession...I am the Slacker Mom of the WIP Design Team. Feel sorry for my kids and hubbie. I don't really cook or bake. Only under extreme circumstances. I heat foods up, use a crock pot, make tacos, etc. Pulling out a cookbook, finding a gazillion ingedients and following a recipe?!? Not my cup of tea. Once our microwave went out and we had to go buy another one the very next day.

So today I thought I would share two of my favorite "Slacker Mom" recipes. The first comes from my 7th grade home ec class circa1981. No Bake Cookies made with peanut butter and quick oats. The perfect cure for PMS and snack when watching chick flicks.


My next treat is one everyone should try sometime their life.
Mix 1 bag candy corn with 1 jar dry roasted peanuts = bliss. I swear it tastes like a Payday bar.



Anyone else a slacker mom like me?

11 comments:

Christi said...

I guess that I count as a slacker mom too because these are two of my favorite treats ever... Fun post! smiles...

Samantha said...

OMGosh I LOVE no bake cookies! I can't say I'm exactly a slacker 'mom' because I don't have kids, but I'm definitely in the slacker category! One of my favorite products lately has been the Bertolli skillet meals! Ready in 10 minutes and yummy! :-)

Rita said...

I was just introduced to the candy corn & peanut snack this weekend. It taste BETTER than a payday!!!

pickmepam said...

sorry, not a slacker, although, i think i'm getting there. i started working full time this school year, and find doing anything a challenge. i have big plans for dinner, but, just don't seem to get it done. maybe one night a week do i get a full, complete meal on the table, and i cherish those days.
candy corn and peanuts? i'm gonna have to hit the store! sounds gross (i'm not fond of candy corn), but i'm willing to try just about anything!

Jewel said...

Yeah - another slacker Mom like me! I don't bake either. My form of baking is buying the premade cookie dough and popping it in the oven. If something takes more than 5 ingredients to make, I don't do it. The only expection is Christmas cut out cookies which is a family tradition. I am going to have to try the candy corn and peanut snack for sure.

janet said...

Slacker Mom??? OH YEAH!!! The kitchen and I do NOT get along! Glad to know I'm not alone! LOL!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Well I'm right there with ya! The crockpot is my friend! Going to have to try that mixture of candy corn, and peanuts!

borcherding said...

Guess I'm a slacker too because I would die without my crockpot!! I use it ALL the time!! LOL!!

Paula Clare said...

Slacker Mom here...I don't bake, don't cook...I literally DUST my stovetop once a week. I love the no bake cookies...they've been a fave of mine for years. I'll try the corn and peanuts...sounds delish. On the rare occasion when I DO bake (Christmas if my family double crosses me and tells me they are all coming to my house)the cookie dough never sees the oven. I LOVE IT!

Colleen said...

yum. candy corn and peanuts sound yummy. i've just been introduced to hot tamales and popcorn together. i'll have to give this a shot too

Jana Eubank said...

*Raising hand* No worries, dear. You are definitely not alone. ;) My goal once I moved was to "grow-up" and try and be a "real" mom by cooking dinner for my family once in awhile. YIkes! You'd think I'd have that down by now! LOL! I CAN cook, I just hate all the planning and cleaning up that goes along with it.