Thursday, September 11, 2008

wish list

If you ever meet me in person you'll be sure to see that I'm a total nut about this hobby. I scrapbook almost every day of the week. Some days it may only be for a few minutes, others for hours if I'm lucky. After 2 1/2 years, I'm still as addicted as ever.

I love to try new tools and techniques. Working at a store gives me the privilege of seeing and trying new things on a weekly basis. Here are some of the things I'm excited to try. (and probably buy!)

Versamark Dazzle - Just like the regular Versamark watermark ink but now with either a Pearl (champagne) or Sparkle (frost) finish. Think Holiday card beauty.












GlitzDesigns RollerDoodles - they look so fun and easy. Ali Edwards uses one on her layout pg. 60 Oct 08 CK. (which by the way I'll be scraplifting - love this page so much)




















Zutter Corner Rounder - you can corner round chipboard and acrylic in 2 different sizes. This may be an early Christmas present to myself.















Ranger White Ink Pen - will it work better than the Uniball Signo White? This question MUST be answered in my head. I will need to try one for myself.
















Stampin Up Scallop Punch - I already have the Threading Water punch from Fiskars but being the addict that I am I'll need this one too. Seriously, everyone should have scallop options, right?
(have you ever been to a Stampin Up party? Go - skip the stamps, go straight to the back of the catalog where they sell AWESOME EK Success Punches that you can't buy in stores!)(note: see next obsession below)















and we will conclude will my final obsession...EK Success Whale Punches. I collect these things like candy. Love them so much. They always work and never seem to break unlike stinky McGill punches. I have 8 different EK circle punches and can honestly say that I use them all the time.
I have a Cricut, but hardly use it. Punches are so much easier and faster to use. EK recently came out with new designs and extra large shapes. Some are actually 3" in diameter. I got to try the 3" circle and it works fantastic! No problem punching through at all.
First on my list is the Arrow punch and then comes this cute little flourish. Go to their website to see all the latest designs.








8 comments:

Trish said...

That scallop punch from SU is a MUST HAVE. Love looking at your list, Laina!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

well I didn't have a wish list before this post, but now I do!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG, the enabling!!!
I am waiting to get my SU punch from my rep!!!

Colleen said...

i'm like you with white pens. i have to buy them all and see which is the best

Candace H said...

LOVE your wish list... must try those Versamark dazzle pads... do have some SU punches (not the scallop...yet) and the pink Zutter corner rounder - it works great on chipboard!

Jewel said...

I now have some new items for my wish list! My hubby won't be so happy but I am thrilled that you shared your wish list with us.

angie said...

i LOVE your list - every single thing on it! i got that SU scallop punch last week - and i love it! i have also used a roller doodle before - the number one, and you reminded me i need more!!

borcherding said...

I will tell you now...the Ranger white pen IS better!!!!!!! :-)