Friday, July 25, 2008

Party favors

Hi everyone! Tina here, my first post with the new design team which I'm thrilled to be a part of!

I am a huge fan of all craft related projects. Whether mini books or favors it seems I'm always working on something.

When my kids were younger I was constantly making favors to take in for their classmates and teachers. Now that they are older and don't want me showing up at school with treat bags I've started making favors for girlfriends, family parties and even with friends who call to find out my latest idea. It is an inexpensive way to add some of your personality to any party or event.

Over the years I have made purses, books, candy boxes, frames and all sorts of other fun stuff. My sister and I enjoy getting together to share our latest creations.

One of my favorite places to find creative favors and ideas is at SPLITCOAST STAMPERS. You can browse the gallery full of fun ideas and find directions in the resource section.

Recently I put together this little treat box. Something you could put together for a party in an evening.

  • Starting with a 5" square piece of cardstock, score each side 1.5"
  • Adhere strips of patterned paper 1.5" X 2 to each of the outer center panels
  • Cut two score lines on top and bottom of square
  • fold up and adhere edges to form box shape
  • Punch a hole in each side to add ribbon handle
  • Use a brad to secure ribbon handle
Punch two scallops using the Stampin up scalloped punch to sandwich perfectly over a small sized peppermint patty to fill treat box.


4 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

These are adorable, Tina! I can't wait to check out that site! TFS!

Laina Lamb said...

very cute. i am doing this when school starts.

Trish said...

You always have the cutest ideas, Tina!

Colleen said...

absolutely adorable!! i was just thinking that something like this would be great as a place card thing at thanksgiving or christmas dinner with maybe a little flower or some nuts or something fun in it. a little popper or something for christmas.

adorable!!