Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Night Tip...

I'm a huge fan of the Cricut. So much so, that when the Expression came out, I didn't have to think twice about purchasing one. I can't tell you how much I use it--and we regularly joke that it has a permanent perch on my kitchen island. I have been using it a ton lately for an upcoming class, and I wanted to share this tip...I've been using this thing for months now, and it really does work! My friend Jen told me about it and I swear by it. When your Cricut mat starts to get less sticky and is covered in paper lint, swipe a disposable lint roller over it.
When you're finished, it will look something like the above picture. Simply tear off the paper and re-use the lint roller the next time it is needed. And the mat? I've been using the same one for 3 months now. See the cut marks on that baby? I use the repositional herma dots on the mat to hold the paper on because the tackiness is long gone. I also hear that painters tape along the edges of the cardstock also works.

Off to cut a little more before the night is over...

9 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

You can also use baby wipes to clean the mat. Mine stays sticky longer when I use it!

Damaris said...

Thanks for the tip. I use that critter quite a bit too and was finding myself throwing those matts way too often. Thanks for sharing!
HUGS

borcherding said...

Great tip Trish! Thank you!!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Great tip! And such pretty spring decorations on your last post! :-) Hugs!

Julie said...

THANK YOU!!! For the tip...
I also use tape to hold the paper down when needed.

Love your ribbon garland...fantastic idea!

Gina said...

Ooooh Trish!!! I'm just catching up on all my blogpals, and what an absolute feast of eye candy on your blog over the past couple of weeks! Those cupcakes are TDF!!! You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too talented!

My April Kit was waiting for me on my return. Another humdinger! Love love love it!

Molly said...

Ok, now that is a cool tip! I bet this will work with my silhoutte too! :D

Nannie of 3 said...

Trish, this is a great idea for in between washings. I wash my mats with hot water and a dribble of Dawn liquid dish detergent. I use the scrubby side of my sponge and gently scrub in a circular motion - you will be amazed what comes off the mat. Rinse with hot water then air dry and it will be just like new, no more need to apply adhesive. I've got mats that I've been using for more than a year by doing this.

Marybeth said...

@nanny...I was just going to post that tip! It works great. Also zig glue(broad tip) works awesome. Just run the glue over all the mat and let it dry...ta-da! Sticky again. I have used the same mat forever! Have not bought new ones in over a year and I cut on my cricut ALOT!