Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Looking forward...

Every Easter, my husband's family goes overboard and goes crazy with Polish sausage. Everyone brings their own kind, and depending on how it's cooked, it can be a hit or a miss. We all have our personal favorites, but the fact that it is a tradition is what makes it special, ya know? (Kind of like the corned beef & cabbage we all enjoyed last night...) This photo was from last year's feast...And I had to laugh at this one. My MIL thought they were cute. I thought they reminded me of rats, and why would I ever eat that? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So Marcia, if you're listening, go for the petite fours at the bakery this year...LOL!
Okay, I've been tagged by more people than I can count at this point, so if you're reading this and are one of the few who have not...you're officially "it."

Here goes: 7 Random things about me...

1. My dad is one of 15 children, and my mom is one of 10 children. I have 67 first cousins, many of whom live close by. I love that!
2. My middle name used to be Lynne, but when I got married, I made my maiden name my middle name.
3. I live one whole mile from where I grew up. Wow.
4. I hate reality TV. I'm really not into most television--and I've never seen a full episode of American Idol, the Sopranos, Lost, Desperate Housewives or any of the popular ones. I'm not missing a thing.
5. Three of my closest friends, my sister, my aunt and my husband are all named Kris/Chris.
6. I used to be very shy (my mother described me as "backwards") in school--and have always been a home-body. I've been domestic all my life...(Kristin can verify this!). It makes me laugh now!
7. I have a bachelor's degree in social work and in special education MH/SP. I was a teacher for 13 years before doing all of this...and someday I'll go back to it. It is in me, and I miss it tremendously.

Okay folks, that's it for me! Back tomorrow for a special little announcement...

10 comments:

Ady said...

Hi Trish, that sausage is making my mouth water. What an amazing job you did for the baby shower. I loved all your ideas. This blog makes me happy and so do you. You are a total inspiration to me. I want to be like you when I grow up...LOL... XOXO

Rita said...

Hey Trish....that sausage looks very yummy!! My Dad is Polish and makes sausage all the time. It's the best stuff ever!! If you're ever in Texas you'll have to try some:-) hugs, Rita

Aleks said...

Hurray for Polish sausage!! I'm Polish so my dad makes it too! :o They make it and smoke it.

Damaris said...

MS. TRISH, that sausage looks yummy...funny we ate some last night...he, hee...it was really good too. Loved the TAG info. I love reading info on people who I like. I think it's just human nature to want to know who we connect with...or maybe it's just that I am NOSEY! LOL.
HUGS

Jana Eubank said...

Love sausage! My mouth is watering right now! I agree about the rat rolls. LOL! Loved learning more about you, too! :)

Jen Forbus said...

I'm totally with ya on the reality tv thing, girl! Can't stand it. I have far better things to do!!!

borcherding said...

LOL!! That bread DID look like a rat! :-) Loved reading those 7 random facts...might just have to do that on my little ol' blog too. peace and blessings...

Anonymous said...

Hi,
food looks fab I'm hungry now too. Just read in your 7 random facts about your middle name, I gave my first son my maiden name as a middle name but boy does it cause problems. People will insist on using it as a double barrel last name and then get very confused when he insist's thats not his name ( he's 7).

Molly said...

Oh, that sausage looks amazing! YUM!!!!

jamie said...

ok trish, i got to back ya up on #4...never seen a whole episode of any of those myself...and i thought i was the only one...i am in good company. there is too much to do in life to watch all that tv...